Saturday, April 26, 2008

Zippidy Zoo Days




Friday's travels took us to the Baton Rouge Zoo. First time zoo goers there! Pretty neat zoo, all this time of traveling through BR we never knew about the zoo. So happy we got the invite from our grandson.

It was the perfect day at the zoo, the temperature wasn't too hot. I remember a trip to the Audubon Zoo back in the 1981 when the temp was 105 degrees. Now that was some hot zoo trip. But yesterday was just lovely. Slightly overcast at times with a breeze. Once or twice we felt a rain drop but that's all, most of the time the sun was doing her thing.

The zoo was larger than I'd imagined, it takes the little train 20 minutes to circle the zoo. Our grandson told us that the zoo is 800 miles long!


As we began our walk along the path I caught the sent of summers past. I don't know exactly what it was, but it immediately brought me back to my childhood summers. I love it when that happens. Something small just has those happy memories flow.

We saw tigers, otters, bears, giraffes, a rhino, hippos, monkeys, ducks, turtles, flamingos, rose colored spoonbills, an elephant, snakes, alligators, and lots of fish.

Some days are just good. Yesterday was one of those days.

No comments: