Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Past

I've been thinking a lot about Christmases past. Memories are sometimes all we have left. I am glad that my Christmas memories are happy ones.

Our Christmases were modest ones. Just a couple of gifts, and sometimes I did not get what I wanted. And just the same as in Glenn Beck's 'A Christmas Sweater' I just didn't realize what Christmas was all about and the wonderful things that I did have all those years.

Since both of my parents are now gone I have been cherishing those memories more and more. Mama loved the Christmas Carols and Hymns. Her favorite she told me was 'Silent Night'. If I'd have had to guess I would have chosen 'O Holy Night'. She loved to sing that song, and it was beautiful.




THIS IS MY DAD ON CHRISTMAS MORNING. SEE THE TINY FAKE FIREPLACE? WELL THAT'S OUR CHRISTMAS TREE ON THE MANTLE!




THIS IS ME ON SANTA'S KNEE. THIS WAS PROBABLY TAKEN AT MAISON BLANCHE. WE'D GO THERE EVERY YEAR TO SEE MR. BINGLE AND SANTA. I WAS ASKING SANTA TO REMEMBER TO BRING ME A DOLL. I THINK I WOUND UP WITH 50 DOLLS OVER THE YEARS AND THEY ALL WERE PLACED ON MY BED.


MAMA, ME AND THE TURKEY. I WAS THE BASTER AND THE TASTER. MAMA MADE THE BEST TURKEY'S AND A MEAT BASED DRESSING. YUM YUM




I'M THE CUTE KID ON THE LEFT.


THIS IS ME AND FATHER CHRISTMAS IN DUBLIN IRELAND. I REMEMBER HOW GREAT IT WAS TO HAVE JUST SEEN SANTA CLAUS IN NEW YORK THE DAY BEFORE!


THIS WAS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE CHISTMAS GIFTS. I LOVED THAT PIANO.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

OH I love these pictures!! I love to look at pictures of when my mom was growing up. She knows all these fun stories about everyone in them. This was a great post.

Carolina girl said...

I love all of the black and white pictures! I love old pictures and the stories behind them! Great post.