Thursday, December 11, 2008

Natchitoches Festival







We drove on up to Natchitoches last weekend to see the Christmas lights. There were several private parties along the river. No chance getting into them.... they were heavily guarded by bouncer's wearing Security T-shirts. At least we got to listen to the cajun bands. We parked quite a bit away and walked to the river. We did a little bit of shopping. They have some great little stores. I LOVE anything fleur-di-lis and saw plenty of stuff. There were great electric switch plates, key chains, pillows, and paintings. I tried but could NOT resist the Craw-di-lis print. It looks mighty nice in my guest room. Since we got there so late in the day it wasn't too long before the fireworks display.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh I hear that it's so nice up there this time of year. All the lights, parties, and shopping!! So neat!! How much fun!!

Oh, and I am having an awesome giveaway over at my blog!! It's for a one pound of free toffee!! It's so good to die for toffe!!

Unknown said...

Andrea, I figured that you'd already reached the first 40 limit? So it there still a chance?